The Marina Ministry Association began it’s first on-site nondenominational church service at Reefpoint Marina (800 slips) in Racine, Wisconsin.
It’s founders, Chris and Patti Booth, started a Bible study on Sunday mornings for the “residents” using a open-air tower featuring an incredible 360 degree view of the entire marina. Word spread quickly as each Sunday brought more worshipers to hear God’s Word and lift their hearts in prayer for each other.
After several years, Chris petitioned the Management at Reefpoint for permission to place banners announcing the new “worship services” in strategic locations throughout the marina. Skipper Bud’s Management agreed and thus, the Marina Ministry Association was created and is still conducting church services today as the Reefpoint Marina Church Service.
Several years ago, Mike and Shannon Clancy, residents of Southport Marina in Kenosha, WI were awarded permission to conduct similar services in that marina. Southport’s Management even designed their community-center building with providing a venue for church services in mind!
Both managements have openly endorsed the church services and find that “transient boaters” from other marinas around Lake Michigan are attracted to these marinas because of the existing church services. Even local non-boaters from both Racine and Kenosha communities attend the on-site services regularly.
The Association exists to glorify God by providing opportunities for corporate worship, hearing God’s word and “sharing burdens with one another” during the prayer/praise segments of the services. We also serve as mentors to marina managements desiring to establish or maintain nondenominational on-site church serves for their “residents”. Visit our contact page for more information.
We always respect your Privacy
We ascribe to the seven promises of Promise Keepers
- A Promise Keeper is committed to honoring Jesus Christ through worship, prayer and obedience to God’s Word in the power of the Holy Spirit
- A Promise Keeper is committed to pursuing vital relationships with a few other men, understanding that he needs brothers to help him keep his promises.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to practicing spiritual, moral, ethical, and sexual purity.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to building strong marriages and families through love, protection and biblical values.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to supporting the mission of his church by honoring and praying for his pastor, and by actively giving his time and resources.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to reaching beyond any racial and denominational barriers to demonstrate the power of biblical unity.
- A Promise Keeper is committed to influencing his world, being obedient to the Great Commandment (see Mark 12:30-31) and the Great Commission (see Matthew 28:19-20 ).
Our Statement of Faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live the Godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, those who are saved to the resurrection of life, and those who are lost to the resurrection of condemnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ, and the evidence of that unity being shown by how we love one another.